Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Puerto Viejo and Calhuita

Whilst waiting for my visa to be processed (no idea how long this could go on!) I decided to head out to the Caribbean (how nice...only 4 hours to get to paradise!). I stayed in Puerto Viejo, a town that first attracted surfers for a good wave, known at "salsa brava" (meaning brave sauce). Now the little town has been somewhat touched by tourism, but is still much undiscovered in comparison to the resort-jammed pacific coast. I stayed at a hostel called "Rockin' Jays" which has everything from a hammock hotel and tents for rent, to a tree house. There are always tons of people around to chat with, and J's is located right on the beach.





The town of Puerto Viejo. My friend Kaitlin, now scarface. We were trying to bike back to the hostel on the beach, and Kaitlin broke a branch with her face. It was pretty bloody but at least it didn't get her eye!


Rockin' J's- decorated all over with colorful mosaic artwork and paintings.













We could bike everywhere! (Thats Derrick on my left, he's from Michigan.
















Lunch on the beach - peanut butter and jelly with a little sand.













This was actually in San Pedro at the Jazz cafe- Marcella is on the left, another TEFL student in Kaitlins class.






















Hammock pavillion, great place for a siesta!




Gorgeous beach.





















Time to hydrate!




























After my friends had left, I spent my last day in Calhuita with a couple guys I had met in the hostel.









Howler monkey in Calhuita Park.













Playa Blanco in the park, Calhuita.








































Sloth.












































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers