Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Playa Hermosa

This past weekend I travled to Playa Hermosa on the pacific side of Costa Rica. The beach is well known among surfers, and is where the world surf competition will take place this year. I also took my first surfing lesson! Shantel and I stayed over night at a Cabina ($15 dollars each) on the beach Saturday night and arranged for a surf lesson Sunday morning. Unfortunately our surf instructor got stung by a stingray early in our lesson, but we were able to resume after he went to the pharmacy (he said it was the worst pain he had ever felt!) Playa Hermosa was a wonderful beach with a very relaxed and safe community of small cabinas and a couple of bars on the beach, and I hope to go back and continue to practice surfing!


Travelmates Jayme, Bing and Greg Enjoying my first Pina Colada in Costa Rica!






Tico Cowboy




Shantel and I at a lookout spot in the mountains where we stopped for breakfast on the way from San Jose to the beach.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erica! I am really enjoying your photos and narrative. Finally figured out tonight how to comment! Keep the accounts coming. - Uncle George

    ReplyDelete

Followers