Sunday, January 11, 2009

I made it!

I have finally arrived in San Pedro, San Jose. A nice 13 year-old boy named Andres was waiting for me outside the airport, and we waited for his father while I told him how bad my spanish was. The school that I will be attending is very small but nice- there will be only 9 students in my TEFL program. I am staying in a nice house, complete with cable and wireless (how spoiled am I?) with Rita Rodriguez, her daughter Gretel, Gretel's daughter Amanda, and another student named Crystal who is from Canada. I have not yet met Rita or Crystal, as they have been "alla playa" (at the beach!) all weekend! Me familia solo hablan en espanol (they only speak in Spanish, though Gretel is good at Ingles) so I have been quite aware of my deficiencies in this area of communication! Frustrating, but I know it will
I start my Spanish classes on Monday! La me gusta Costa Rica!

Senorita Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers