Sunday, February 22, 2009

Manuel Antonio

Well it seems like forever ago that I took this trip, but I guess it was really just two weeks ago! My friends Jayme and Matt, and Jeff who lived in my homestay, and I went to Manuel Antonio- a very popular beach and National Park.



First monkey sighting in Manuel Antonio!

<--Iguana

Can you believe it- a sugarloafer was here!







Matt on beach









Capuchin monkeys in Manuel Antonio National Park- I really wished I had had my good camera!






















After hiking in the park, we found a lovely little beach.
























Waiting for the bus to the beach (Jeff, Jayme, Matt)























I don't know what these trees are called but they were really beautiful, their trunks had wrinkles that looked like elephant skin














Jayme at the hostel




















Splurging on pina coladas after a hard day at the beach









Matt and Jayme
















Jeff

















View from the hostel- first night sleeping in a hammock here- not too bad as long as theres bug spray!

























<-Still life on beach with Imperial and Flip Flop... this seems to be THE BEER of Costa Rica... It pretty much tastes like Bud light - so much for my distinguished taste for good beer!
















































This is Matt on the tarzan swing at our hostel! It was great...though I didn't try it til later that night, I needed a little rum and coke courage first!



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers